"My FAVORITE QUOTE"

Always carry a Camera.. life happens all around you.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

LET'S SCRAP SKETCH 4-6-11

Hi there, This weeks sketch has been posted by Cheri over at Let's Scrap. I just loved this weeks sketch. I must admit to being a little daunted at first as I don't do circle photos ever. This really had me thinking out of the box. I decided to continue with my "use up my old stash" policy and found a "travel mini kit" lying in my stash that I have had for at least 8 years. The colors worked well for this. I scratched through my photos and only found these few. So I couldn't do both sides. But even as a single, I like how my layout ended up. I only done the left side of the sketch. Even the cardstock I used was scraps in my stash, as was all the alpha stickers, tags, wheat, etc. Nothing new was hurt in the making of this page.. LOL
This layout is about our trip in 2006 to Mpumalanga. I had just bought my car a few months before so this was it's first real "trip". I love Pilgrims Rest especially. It is the jewel of Mpumalanga as it is a Historic Town that shows what South Africa used to look like when the gold settlers were here.. Brilliant history trip. We even went to the old cemetary. (need to find those photos.. took some good shots there).


Close ups: The quote & clocks was a scrap from my April M&M kit that I had left over.. Wheat cutout is one of RM designs. Love these


Close ups...

Don't forget to post your own version of this layout before next Wednesday and stand in line to win an awesome prize !


LET'S SCRAP DESIGN TEAM CALL:

Let's Scrap current DT is up at the end of April. Now is your chance to be part of this fantastic team. Check out the main page HERE for submission details:


Here is the sketch for the DT submissions. You have until 20 April to submit your entry. Good luck..


Hugs Mich

1 comment: