"My FAVORITE QUOTE"

Always carry a Camera.. life happens all around you.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lets Scrap Sketch: 6-27-12 ... Check Mate

This is this weeks sketch that is up at Let's Scrap:




I found these photos of my sons taken about 2 years ago.  On this particular day they were both grounded for doing something (must have been fighting with each other.. LOL)... anyhow.. they were banned from TV and Computer games.. so the only thing they could find to do was to play Chess.  Was awesome to watch them play Chess for about 2 hours.. They really enjoyed it and totally forgot that they were at each others throats a short time before. 


As can be seen I flipped the sketch totally to suit my photos:




Amazing how some old time games can still keep the kids entertained.


Close ups of layout.  Used a Challenge Kit from The Scrapbook Lady for June.  Have to submit this on Monday for judging.. along with 2 other projects.




Close ups of elements used

I hand cut the chess pieces and inked them.





Remember you have a week to complete this sketch and post your layout into the Lets' Scrap Gallery in order to win a great prize.


Hugs, Mich

4 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing LO, Michelle!! Love the overlapping banners!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Mich... love the colours and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout Michelle, I love how you switched up the sketch to suit your photos. I also love the cool banners and chess embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun layout to just sit and explore! I love all the embellishments, both related and not to Chess! "Bad Boys! Bad Boys! Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" immediately comes to mind! The answer, PLAY CHESS. I think it's awesome that both boys can already play! Great work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete