I recently received the Kaiser swatch book of Cardstock to work with.. and looking at the names it sure made me hungry... names like Chocolate, Papaya, Watermelon, Pistachio... is it any wonder that most of us are addicted to all the yummy colors of cardstock? I know I sure am. I adore the rainbow of colors in my paper trays next to my workspace.
So this weeks challenge is dedicated to the humble piece of paper now known as CARDSTOCK. You can create any layout of your choice (using a Let’s Scrap Sketch of course), and can use as many different colors of cardstock as you wish but your layout must ONLY contain photos and cardstock!! Only cardstock ladies No extra embellishments (this includes sticker sheets, flowers, etc) & no printed papers……get creative & show us what you got.
The only extras you are allowed to add will be Brads and Ribbons.
Create your own embellishments and title work.. (print it out, cut it out.. ! Lets get crafty this week).
This is the layout that I have created using Only cardstock and 2 brads.
I have used 7 different techniques on this layout to help it stand out.
1. Borders cut from Punches
2. Tone on Tone: This can be your lettering, circles or shapes on your pages, etc.
3. Die cut flowers stacked to give dimension
4. Dry Embossing with Cuttlebug and embossing plates
5. Wet Embossing with Black embossing powder
6. Bleaching my paper with a stamp and Bleach
7. Glittering a piece of paper (check out Tutorial No. For steps on how to create this effect)
Extra Ideas on how to UPSTYLE your humble piece of CARDSTOCK can be found HERE.
So don’t be shy.. jump right in and play along.. this is a great chance for you to use some of that cardstock scraps you have lying in your basket too.
1. Create a single or double layout using a Let’s Scrap Sketch
2. Use ONLY cardstock to create this layout. No pattern papers or embellishments of any kind, with the exception of Brads/Eyelets and Ribbons.
3. You have 2 weeks to complete this challenge. All layouts to be loaded by 11:59pm as per main clock page on the 12th of July 2012.
4. This challenge cannot be combined with the weekly main page sketch, special month-long site-sponsored sketch or the Scrap our Stash challenges. There is no prize for our Book About Me challenges, so we do allow you to combine the BAM challenge with the DT Challenges.
5. Your layout must be NEW for this challenge!
6. Be sure to tag your layout correctly: challenge139 (all one word), followed by a comma, a space, and the sketch number you used. My tag will read: challenge139, 12-1-10.
A small RAK will be posted by me to the winner of this Challenge.
Here are some more closeups of my layout.
Thanks for looking,