"My FAVORITE QUOTE"

Always carry a Camera.. life happens all around you.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

MORE SCRAP U CHALLENGES

I just loved the sketch this week by Cheri O' Neill at LETS SCRAP..


so.. I decided to use it to finish 2 of my assignments for SCRAP U this week.


SCRAP U : EXTRA CREDIT ASSIGNMENT # 1

Scrap a layout about FOOD... this isn't as hard as you think.. LOL.. I love food.. Have had these photos of my son and nephew for ages. The colors were really horrible though, pink and white icecream with green and orange clothes (yuck)..

I created this layout using ONLY scraps (except for 2 x cardstock background). I found some bright pink patterns that had all the horrible oranges and green in.. LUCKY Me... it worked well with these photos.. and I managed to get another layout done ! Yay !!!

My son is going to scream when he sees I done another PINK layout for him.. ha ha..


Left and right close ups:
Little pocket for extra stuff - do you not love this quote? Ha ha..
Received this ribbon at my very first Scrapbooking Expo I ever attended about 5 years ago.. never knew what to do with it.. how perfect is it on this layout !!!


SCRAP U : CLASS ASSIGNMENT # 1: MUSIC CLASS

We had to create out own music paper (print off the internet) and then distress it using wet tea bags.

My layout is dedicated to my husband. He loves KISS and saved for a while to buy this limited edition CD Box Set. When he finally went to collect it, they made a big "presentation" of it, to him.. LOL.

I printed out the lyrics and original music score of "I LOVE IT LOUD" by KISS onto cardstock and distress it with teabags. Distressed it a bit more with inks, etc. and used these photos to do a layout for him.

Title was cut with my Craft Robo.. Found an awesome KISS dingbat font over at http://www.dafont.com/.
Close Up's of the layout: (found this cute guitar at CNA !)


Well, that is 2 more challenges done (actually 3 as I completed the Sketch challenge on www.letscrap.ning.com too.
Only 2 sleeps to the EXPO.. cannot wait ! Yipee !
Hugs, Mich

3 comments:

  1. I always love your layouts!! I also love food so I should try adding more food layouts to my scrapbooks! I also LOVE KISS so I love that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layouts! love them both, NOW I want ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both, but you did an amazing job with the pink/green/orange layout. . . I'm quite sure your boy would not mind the pink now that the layout is finished ;-)

    ReplyDelete