"My FAVORITE QUOTE"

Always carry a Camera.. life happens all around you.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

NEW LAYOUT FOR LETS SCRAP

As you are aware, Lets Scrap had a January challenge where the ladies submitted pages and Cheri created a sketch from them for the ladies to scrap for the week.


This weeks January Layout winner was Marilyn Peters from Australia. She created a layout using a Nuts about Sketches sketch, which Cheri has re-created for Lets Scrap this week:


Using the above sketch, I created a layout on my mom's 70th birthday party. I used lots of left over papers that I had from the SA Scrapbooking Convention on this layout.

Close up of left side of layout. I matted my banner and used a deckle edged scissors to cut the edges.

Close up of right side of layout.
I created bookmarks for everyone as a THANK YOU and menu's in a similar style. I also created the 8x8 album for her on the day which a page dedicated to each family member where they had to hand write a message to her. A member from each family had to then stand up and read their messages to her (even the small kids wrote a message to their Ouma.. was very special). There were lots of tears..most of them from us. My mom was rather strong and didn't cry ! LOL.


Close ups of the layout:
I exended the right mat of this photo, punched holes down the length and added lots of ribbons.


Thanks for looking..
Hugs, Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment