Card Challenge 2 has been posted:
Card: Monochromatic in 3D
- You can choose your own theme
- The monochromatic color scheme for your card is up to you
You must use:
- The card has to have 3D elements. This can be a stepper card, a 3D dimension when opening the card (like pop-up elements)
- You can not use:
- You are restricted from using black anywhere on the card, including: pen lines, any kind of ink or paint, journaling or any other element. There is not to be black on the card.
- You can not use brown to antique elements unless brown is the colour you choose for your monochromatic colour scheme.
- You are not allowed to use cutting machines.
You can use :
- Use any store bought or home made embellishments that are in your colour scheme
- You are allowed to make your own as long as you don't use a cutting machine to make them. Only scissors are allowed for these cut elements.
As you know, I love 3D cards.. so decided to create a CASCADE CARD for Valentines Day all in Pinks.
Here is my finished card:
TUTORIAL FOR CASCADE CARD
• 14cm x 30.5cm Cardstock (x2)
• Pattern Paper and Elements to decorate
Cut your Black Cardstock 14cm x 30cm (x2) and measure 7.5cm along left edge. Measure upwards to 14cm and cut.
On both pieces make a light pencil mark across the 30cm length. Erase line later. Begin at short edge and measure 4cm up to end at 7cm at long end.
On both pieces, make two score lines at 10cm and 20cm.
So far both pieces have been the same, now that changes.
From the bottom up to the centre line cut at 5cm and 25cm. Next cut from the top down to the centre line at 15cm.
From the top down to the centre line cut at 5cm and 25cm. From the bottom up to the centre line cut at 15cm.
Phew.. now for the easy part !
Fold on your score lines
You will have two pieces that look like this. Arrange them so they face you shortest side front.
Slide the cuts together so that your bottom edge is level. It may feel awkward, but all the cuts will slide together to make two closed sections.
It should all fold in like this:
When you decorate, fold it flat and use your papers and elements to decorate as you wish.
I secure a full piece at the front and back to hold my card together. The remainder is strips of papers down the sides and added decoration as you wish.