This week I have created a layout using photos taken when we went to the semi finals of Australia has Talent. It was raining and we had to wait in queue for about 4 hours before we got in. Luckily we were 2nd from the front and got in first. LOL. It was still heaps of fun though.
I actually created this layout at a Crop day about 4 weeks ago and won a prize for it. Yay me ! I cut the title and date on my cuttlebug. The flower is also a Tim Holtz Tattered Angels flower. Love those !
Close ups of left and right pages...
Close ups of the layout:
- I find it easier to use a thin strip of scrap paper to stick my Chevrons to, before I stick them onto the layout. about 3 cm in height and however long I need it.
- Cut as many strips as you require measuring 3cm x 8cm wide
- I used a mix of papers on this layout, but you can use one or only two.
Line them up at 90 degrees with each other and cut through the middle (throw away small triangles) and alternate with next piece and cut through as per example above.
Ink each piece and adhere to your strip.
ALL IN ONE CHEVRON TUTORIAL:
- Cut your paper to 8cm x 4cm (you can make it as long as you like and adjust the height as well)
- Measure 2cm along the length and then 2cm and 6cm horizontally on one side and 4cm on the other side
- Cut your 3 lines stopping at your horizontal line
- Fold back your first piece of paper to line up with your horizontal line
- Fold back the second flap so that this too lines up with the horizontal line
- Continue folding all the way along the top of the Chevron
- Now start along the bottom edge and do the same
- This is the finished BACK of your chevron
- Turn it over to see the front, neat and perfectly formed Chevron. Ink it and using a sewing machine or hand stitch all the way along the middle.
Thanks for looking,